DO YOU WANT TO RANK HIGHER ON GOOGLE?
Download this FREE Cheat Sheet
If you’re having trouble getting your business verified for Google My Business or Google Business Profile due to issues with receiving the postcard, you can request video verification. In this video, we discussed how to request video verification, the two types of video verifications (live and recorded), and what you need to have prepared for the verification.
Here are the key steps:
- Log into your Google account and search for your business.
- Click on the three dots, go to Help and Support, and then click Contact Us.
- Select your business, type in “verification,” and click Next.
- Choose the option for fixing postcard issues, then click Email to initiate an email conversation with a Google representative.
- Fill out the form and specify that you are open to a live video call with a representative.
- Be prepared for the video verification by having your business address visible, a dedicated workspace or office area, business-related items like invoices, business cards, and logos, and even your service vehicle with graphics, if applicable.
- Keep in mind that video verification options might disappear after a week, so be ready to proceed when you request it.
Requesting video verification for Google My Business or Google Business Profile when the postcard option fails:
- Accessing Help and Support: To request video verification, first log into your Google account and search for your business. On the business listing, click the three dots to access more options. Go to Help and Support, and then click Contact Us at the bottom of the help screen.
- Initiating contact with Google: After selecting your business, type “verification” in the text box and click Next. Choose the option for fixing postcard issues and click Next again. To initiate an email conversation with a Google representative, select the Email option and fill out the form with your details and business information.
- Scheduling a video verification: In the form, make sure to indicate that you’re open to a live video call with a Google representative for business verification. Once you’ve submitted the form, Google will reach out to you to schedule a video call.
- Preparing for video verification: Whether you’re opting for a live or recorded video verification, it’s crucial to have everything prepared beforehand. Ensure your business address is visible, you have a dedicated workspace or office area, and you have business-related items like invoices, business cards, and logos on display. If you have a service vehicle, make sure it has your business graphics and is parked in your driveway.
- Two types of video verifications: Google offers two types of video verifications – live and recorded. The live verification involves walking through your business premises with a Google representative on a live video call using your smartphone. The recorded option requires you to record a video following Google’s instructions and upload it for review. However, the live video call option is more commonly used and recommended.
- Time-sensitive verification process: Keep in mind that the option to request video verification might disappear after about a week, so it’s essential to be ready to proceed with the verification as soon as you request it.
After completing the video verification process and getting your business verified, focus on optimizing your Google My Business or Google Business Profile listing to rank higher in search results. Utilize available resources, such as the free cheat sheet mentioned in the video, to help you with the optimization process. Always engage with your audience by responding to questions and comments on your channel, and remember to like, share, and subscribe for more content.