SEO for Contractors
What Exactly is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and How Can it Help You Get More Phone Calls?
SEO is the start to getting an online presence, but that can mean many things.
Bottom Line: you want more high quality calls coming in to your business.
You want to make the PHONE RING, right?
Increasing Site Traffic
Increase Your Profits
Growth in the Number of Requests and Calls
Increasing Brand Awareness
Let's start with Google
Where do you go when you want to find a local service?
97% of us pull out our phones and search Google.
Let's break this down:
1. You search Google
2. You scroll down to the Maps section
3. You browse some reviews
4. You skim a few of the top websites
5. You call 2 or 3 businesses to get pricing and availability
That's exactly what your customers do.
So, doesn't it make sense that if you want more potential customers you show up on the first page of the Google search results?
That, my friend, is called SEO or Search Engine Optimization--and that is what we have helped hundreds of service businesses do over the past 12 years.
SEO is hands down THE MOST powerful way to make your phone ring because people are searching you out and need something from you.
That means they are ready to spend money with you... Now!
Got questions about how to do SEO for contractor services?
How many calls and potential customers will you get from SEO?
Like most answers it depends on your unique situation.
There are so many factors that contribute to your call count. We have clients that get 5 calls per day from SEO. We also have clients that get 5 calls per week.
Let's break down what will determine your calls:
- How long you have been doing SEO?
- What kind of competition are you up against?
- Does your website work on mobile devices?
- Is your website designed to get calls?
- What city or service area do you work in?
- Are in you the busy season or slow season?
- How many people are searching for your specific services?
Would you like us to review your business and provide a competitive analysis?
What quality of customers can you expect from having a strong online presence?
Keep in mind that SEO is not just about "getting calls", it's also about getting high quality calls. You know that not all customers are equal. There are good customers and bad customers.
With a solid SEO program you are building a powerful online presence and reputation that you are THE BEST in town. This means repeat and referral work. It can snowball into a machine that keeps your schedule full with nothing but high quality jobs and prospective customers.
We have found that other marketing options just don't measure up when it comes to quality. That is why specialize in SEO strategy and don't pretend be a one-stop shop for everything.
Big West Marketing is the best in the business because we focus and do one thing very well. We create contractor SEO campaigns to rank for search terms and relevant keywords.
Are you looking for higher qualified leads? Let's talk now.
What are the ranking factors that get your business to the top of Google?
What you really need to understand is that Google's goal is to give people online the highest quality business in town.
So, if you do quality work and have a good reputation then you are already on your way.
There is no single ranking factor that will make all the difference.
There are no secret tricks or strategies, just good business practices.
Some of the most important ranking factors you need to think about are:
- A good website with lots of helpful content marketing. Click here to learn more.
- A Google My Business listing that is filled out completely and accurately with pictures.
- Accurate information across all online websites and directories (Yelp, Facebook, etc.)
- Links (aka backlinks) coming from other reputable websites. Click here to learn more.
- Steady flow of customer reviews and social proof on your Google My Business page.
- A Google Analytics account to keep track of progress
Do you want a No-BS-Analysis of how your business stacks up?
Should you do your own SEO strategy or hire it out?
Most marketing companies will try to convince you that SEO is a highly technical process that can only be done by computer geeks. That's BS!
Almost anyone can do SEO and we have actually trained many service business owners to do it themselves. If you have spare time and if you are a hands on type of guy/girl then that may be your best option.
We have a training program that teaches you how to do it. It's $497 or Free with the purchase of any web design package.
Want more details?
How long does it take for SEO to start working?
This is where many service business owners get stuck.
You want calls NOW. We get it.
Calls are the lifeblood of any successful service business.
But, for SEO to work you must be in it for the long-haul. This is for the serious open-minded business owners with vision. It can take anywhere from 3 to 6 to 12 months depending on your current situation and the competition you are up against.
If you are in desperation mode and need jobs coming in tomorrow or your family wont eat then SEO is not for you. We recommend getting out with flyers, door hangers, networking groups, etc. Or if you have an advertising budget of $1000 per month or more, you can always run paid ads on Google or Facebook. Just be prepared for lower quality clients that are price-shopping. You can make it work, but it won't be cheap and it's a temporary solution.
Are you serious about long-term success?
How much does SEO Cost?
In order to give you an accurate estimate, we must know how many services you want to rank for and the number of of cities you want to target.
We are very straightforward about pricing. We are not the cheapest, and we are not the most expensive.
We can give you a specific quote over the phone if we fully understand your situation and business goals. We do have a starter package that is perfect. You can start basic and build over time. We also offer payment plans to make it easy to get started.
Is SEO the only marketing strategy you need to be successful?
Many SEO companies will tell you that all you need for a successful contracting business is to hire SEO specialists and you are good to go. Although SEO is one of the most powerful contractor marketing strategies, it doesn't stand alone. It should be part of your overall strategy. A good mix of traditional marketing tactics will include: word of mouth, local networking and advertising will only help to boost your search marketing and SEO campaigns.
What about Yahoo, Bing and other search engines?
Google is not the only search engine on the Internet, but it is by far the most important. It is estimated that 97% of searches for local businesses start with Google. The other online directories can be helpful, but we believe in putting our time and energy into getting the most bang for the buck.
How does Big West Marketing target keyword rankings?
A keyword is simply a search term that a potential customer will type into a search engine to find your services. This is one of many SEO factors that we use consider when boosting your search rankings. As marketing of our digital marketing services we will hire professional writers team to create relevant content for your contracting company. This important for the Google Map or Google My Business ranking as well as the organic listings.
Does Big West Marketing offer link-building services?
Our SEO process includes a membership into our exclusive link content network that provides industry relevant inbound links from external websites that we own and control. Each of these inbound links will come from information articles or guest posts written for your service to boost rankings in search engines.
When it comes to link building we do not outsource the work to eliminate your risk. Our SEO team keeps everything in-house as not to damage your reputation.
What is the difference between SEO and Google My Business?
We consider SEO and Google My Business to be the same thing. To put simply, SEO is getting your business visible to people who want your services. The Google My Business online directory that displays a small map and the top 3 three businesses in your service area. It is one way to appear on the front page using SEO. But you can also appear in the "organic listings" below the Google My Business listings. We want to get you as many search engine rankings as possible on the first page.
Many "digital marketing specialists" will try to separate these services in order to charge higher prices. Our digital marketing strategies will keep your marketing costs down and get the phone ringing with ideal customers.
What is the difference between Google Ads and SEO?
Google Ads is a short-term strategy. Google has a paid advertising platform that can quickly list your business at the top of the search page in a matter of days or weeks. You pay every time someone clicks on your ad. The cost can be $5 to $50+ per click depending on the competition. We find that customers from Google Ads are looking for a good deal and not necessarily the highest quality.
SEO is a long-term strategy. The Google My Business program is a free listing service that Google offers to local businesses. The amount of time it takes to get your business to the top of the search page with SEO can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months if optimized correctly. In the long-term we find this to be much more cost effective and tends to bring in a much higher quality customer who is looking for quality service.
What is included in the monthly SEO program with Big West Marketing?
We are SEO specialists.
We don't try to be everything to everyone and this gives you strong advantage. Let's dive deep into what you get each month
- We conduct an audit of your SEO campaign. You will have access to monthly reports to keep a pulse on your business's progress up the ranks.
- We review the ranking of your competitors and report to Google any listings that blatantly violate Google's terms of service and explain the actions steps that will taken.
- Your website will receive a highly targeted backlink every other month over a period of 12 months for a total of 6 backlinks from our exclusive backlink network. The websites in our backlink network are carefully selected, designed and maintained based on related industry articles and authority with Google. This must be implemented slowly and naturally over time as not to trigger Google penalties that can result from too-many too-fast. This is one of the many exclusive SEO tactics provided at no extra cost.
- In the SEO report we provide a detailed analysis of keywords and rankings for services and cities/areas.
- Your website will be monitored for possible “blacklist” and/or penalty issues and recovery techniques will be implemented if necessary.
- Design changes and updates to your website at no extra charge.
- You will receive monthly video and article updates as changes occur so you are always in-the-know.
- Your website will be tweaked and changed as new Google updates are implemented.
- Security updates to the website to protect and prevent malicious attacks.
- We ensure your Google My Business page and directory listings are up to date and comply with Google's ever-changing guidelines.
- We note changes in rankings in Google Maps and Google's organic search results.
- We review SERanking (our daily rank-tracking and backlink-tracking tool) to look for major changes, view real-time rankings, and identify patterns, which helps determine our next course of action.
- Our marketing team also double-checks notes from past emails and phone conversations whenever we're communicating with you
- We monitor our internal SEO Log spreadsheet and SE Ranking, the SEO software we use, for backlink records and note any new changes.
We`ll Make Your Business Visible
High Conversion, Traffic, and First Positions!
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Website Design and/or SEO
SEO Training Program